What are the tasks and responsibilities of programme managers?
Programme managers work in many different industries, such as IT, HR, production and large publishing houses. While the responsibilities of programme managers generally involve combining, coordinating, managing and controlling strategically and thematically related projects, their actual tasks vary depending on their respective role. The resulting programmes are aligned with corporate objectives. Their tasks also include the continuous update of individual projects as well as entire programmes, the review of specifications and the analysis and solution of problems, if required.
- Planning and introduction of projects as part of programmes
- Overall management of marketing, communication and quality assurance of the programme
- Specification of guidelines
- Definition of methods and priorities
- Evaluation of projects and programmes as well as preparation of results
- Reporting to stakeholders
- Training and instruction of employees in the context of projects/programmes