What are the tasks and responsibilities of software testers?
Software testers are specialists who check new applications, websites or application programmes for errors. All software functions must be thoroughly checked at least once. For this purpose, software testers must first develop an appropriate concept for ensuring a smooth software testing process. As the tests are also intended for checking the user-friendliness, software testers must be able to assess whether the software is easy to understand and intuitive to use. In addition to this, they also examine all relevant security aspects, which are becoming increasingly important when it comes to new software applications.
Another key task of software testers is to communicate with developers. In this context, they must be able to explain problems by using technical terms and prepare test protocols and reports.
- Development of concepts to ensure optimal software testing processes
- Checking new computer programmes, applications and websites for errors
- Assessment of the user-friendliness of new software
- Examination of security aspects
- Preparation of test protocols and reports