What are the tasks and responsibilities of quality assurance specialists?
Quality assurance specialists cover a broad range of different tasks. Their key task is to ensure a high level of product quality. Furthermore, they analyse and improve guidelines and work processes and thus guarantee efficient operations. The optimisation of communication processes, the definition of standards for products and services as well as the monitoring of the production processes also belong to their daily business. This leads to an early identification and elimination of potential risks which could have a negative impact on process and product quality.
Last but not least, quality assurance specialists are often responsible for the inspection of incoming goods and usually prepare initial sample inspection reports and 8D reports.
- Checking the compliance of products and processes with defined quality standards
- Analysis of guidelines and work processes
- Definition of standards for products and services
- Monitoring of production processes
- Optimisation of individual work steps and processes
- Preparation of 8D reports