Which hard skills and soft skills should cloud engineers have?
Qualified cloud engineers require at least a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences as well as long-term experience in working with server operating systems and hardware. Knowledge of cloud security is essential to protect sensitive company data and hardware against attacks.
Furthermore, they must have a good command of different programming languages (e.g. Python) and operating systems. Last but not least, cloud engineers must possess excellent problem-solving skills, be able to identify and solve performance problems and have experience with Linux and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- An academic degree in computer sciences or a similar qualification with specialisation in cloud computing
- Programming skills
- Expert knowledge of server operating systems
- Experience with different tools and services (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills ensuring an appropriate communication with customers